Monday, March 10, 2008


One of my piano students drew this picture for me last week. She also wrote a nice note with it. I always enjoy teaching but the last month or so have been really enjoyable. Especially with 4 of my "girls". With my permission they've been looking through my music (I have lots and lots). Each week they take a few pieces home to try - sometimes they can play it and sometimes it gets returned with "This is too hard" But that's ok because the more music they try to read the better pianists they will become. I have two grandaughters the same age (10) who both play piano very well. One is up the hill from me - the other a distance away but last year they did a duet at my recital and will do one this year, too. My daughter plays the duet with her daughter - I play the duet with the other grandaughter and then the day of the recital they play it once or twice and they've got it. Great fun for me.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Hi Jane! Brownie left me a link to your blog, so I thought I'd come for a visit.

So wished you were in my neck of the woods. My daughter took a year of piano, but we didn't continue after that due to distance to the teacher. Now it's been so long that she's forgotten what she's learned. *sigh*