Friday, August 6, 2010

Grandpa and Grandma Duncan



These pictures were taken in the backyard of my Grandpa and Grandma Duncans house. (my dad's parents). Grandpa built the fireplace-I think this might have been the first patio in Redwood. I loved roasting marshmallows with Grandpa. I would do what most kids do - become impatient and have a flaming missile (makes me think of that Denise the Menace movie). Grandpa would patiently show how to make a golden roasted marshmallow but it took too long. Grandma loved her flowers. On both sides of the bridge were lily ponds with gold fish in them. Grandpa built the bridge, birdbath and a lamp post the worked that you don't see, out of rocks he collected. Her specialty was dahlias - they were huge and she would save the bulbs from year to year-the goldfish lived in their basement during the winter. I remember the goldfish as being very big and we (grand kids) would feed them oatmeal. Beyond the bench was a hammock where I spent quite of bit of time. I loved that back yard!

1 comment:

Brownie said...

I didn't know all that!